Saturday, January 4, 2014

Paleo Pesto / Creamy Pesto Dressing

I have been on the hunt for compliant pesto for a long time. I have had no luck finding any as they all either have cheese or soy products in them. So I decided to make my own and as it turns out, it is really easy! Nothing like the burden of making paleo mayo (which I have done successfully, but it was my 3rd try). I also took the pesto and made a creamy dressing that was out of this world!


Ingredients:
3-4 cups of basil leaves
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/3 cup of olive oil
6 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp salt

Put everything but the basil leaves into a food processor (If you have a mini-prep food processor use that over a larger one). Blend until all are well pureed together. Slowly add the basil leaves, one little bunch at a time. Continue until all are in the processor and continue to blend until all ingredients are sufficiently pureed together. 

I like to put these into individual dressing cups and freeze. You only need a little at a time, and it freezes very well. 

Creamy Pesto Dressing:

1/4 cup paleo mayo (or any compliant mayo you have found in the store)
1/4 cup paleo pesto
2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar

Whisk the three together and let sit in fridge for 20-30 mins. DONE!

The dressing will be a crowd favorite, it would be a wonderful accompaniment to a veggie platter if you are looking for a good appetizer to serve or bring to a party. They don't need to know its paleo... they wont be able to tell anyway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment