Friday, January 3, 2014

Day 9: Date Night at the Brew Pub

Happy Friday!! Matt and I are going out on the town tonight! This is always challenging during a Whole 30, however we have decided to go out for Trivia Night to a local pub, which is fantastic because I am not a huge beer fan... no temptation to cheat and a fun activity whether you are drinking or not! PERFECT!!

I also experimented with home made chai tea in my slow cooker this afternoon. I have been craving lattes! I am hoping to make a creamy chai tea latte with coconut milk, pure apple juice, and the extract... I will let you know how that works out! It might take a few tries before I get it right.

Breakfast:
Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche
1/2 sliced pear
hot black tea

Lunch:
1/2 sliced pear
Salad of: 1/2 cup of diced rotisserie chicken, 1/4 cup of peas 1/4 cup sliced avocado, 1 tbsp olive oil, salt and pepper.

Snack: Pear and Apple "Thats it" bar

Dinner:
Side garden salad w/ oil and vinegar
6 ounce steak
double roasted veggies cooked in canola w/ salt, pepper, and dehydrated garlic

Just because you are restricted doesn't mean you can't have fun! Make sure you pick things to do that are fun without alcohol! Such as dinner and a movie, going to see a band, game nights, and of course trivia nights are always so much fun and your friends/significant other will always appreciate a designated driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment