Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day 17: Back in the Saddle

I am back from the birthday hiatus! It was a great one, despite the gluten headaches and upset stomach from cheese that is. Which was a great incentive to get right back on track! Here are some things that I noticed while eating non whole 30 foods.

1. I get full much faster. I couldn't finish a single meal that had any gluten in it. Usually two bites in I was stuffed.

2. After my first taste of refined sugar, the sugar/carb cravings came back almost immediately.

3. I was 4 hours into my break before I started feeling sluggish and weighed down.

4. I never had a negative reaction to wine... which just means that I don't have an allergy to sulfites or alcohol. That doesn't mean that drinking it in high quantities is ok. Even if that happens sometimes.

So there is a little taste of what happens when you get off the whole 30, except for the wine thing which I think might just be me. Pink Champagne cake was delicious, but this isn't inspiring me to get off the whole 30 track again any time soon. In fact my boyfriend mentioned over the weekend that while he didn't participate this time around, he is interested in doing it again and possibly scheduling it in permanently somehow to our lifestyle. Some kind of a 3 weeks on, 1 week off scenario. So I will keep you posted on the development of that!

My "twin" Shanley and I at our Birthday Party Sunday...


Here is what I had today...

Breakfast:
2 Eggs
avocado slices
1/2 apple
isernos breakfast sausage

Lunch: Sabai Thai Kitchen
Chicken Yellow Curry- no rice, no potatoes

Dinner:
Chicken thighs
Arugula Salad with Pesto Dressing
Fancy Peas

So I guess I am 30 now... I don't feel any different. Other than getting a smaller pair of hudson jeans as a birthday gift. The gal at Nordstrom actually wanted me to go down 2 sizes. I mean I eat sausage, I just don't want to look like sausage!

Either way...Thanks Whole 30!



No comments:

Post a Comment