Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bistro Italian Salad

This is a versatile one! This is actually a variation of a pasta that I saw on Pioneer Woman... I think hers was called "Pantry Pasta" because all of the ingredients were found in her pantry. If you can do it with pasta, I figure you can do it with salad!


I love this recipe for lunch because I usually am cooking for 1 or 2 and this recipe really utilizes all of my delicious leftovers. I cooked steak the other night using my Mediterranean rub, which can be found in my Mediterranean Lamb recipe. It was developed for the Lamb recipe, but really its good on anything. I used it on NY steaks. The leftover steak was perfect for slicing and putting on this salad. Most of the ingredients can be found in your pantry and I serve it with my Creamy Pesto Dressing 

Ingredients:
2 cups Mescaline Greens
Leftover Steak 
1/4 cup Artichoke hearts drained and chopped
1/4 cup roasted red peppers drained and chopped
1/4 small haas avocado sliced
1/4 cup chopped mixed olives
1/4 cup of chopped pepperocinis
2 tbsp chopped almonds

Optional: 1 fried or hard boiled egg (if you need extra protein)

Assemble and toss... we all know how to make a salad. I don't need to spell it out for you. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment