Monday, December 30, 2013

Day 5: Today is a Glorious Day!

I woke up this morning, feeling like wonder woman! Today was the first day that the pain subsided and I am feeling the positive effects of 4 days of clean eating. It was also the first time I was tempted to cheat, and it will not be the last. I was heading to a football party to watch Oregon play Texas in the Alamo Bowl. Our friends, Kayla and Alex had invited us over and I was not going to come unprepared. I made two dishes for the party that were both whole 30 and also both plates that everyone else would enjoy. Not to mention the fact that Kayla knows I am in the middle of the program and was contentious of the food she prepared for the party. She even bought me unsweetened iced tea! Such a doll!

Here was my day:

Breakfast: I kept it light
 2 eggs
1/3 cup chopped lean grilled chicken (leftover from a few nights ago)
diced pears and strawberries

Lunch:
Turkey burger, left over from Saturday
Avocado, Tomato, Onion, and Mustard
Green salad with homemade vinaigrette

Dinner:
Whole 30 anti pasto platter- salami, procuitto, pickled green beans, mixed olives, and marinated artichokes
1/2 Hungarian Sausage w horseradish mustard
Whole 30 Buffalo Wings
1/2 burger patty w grilled onions and mushrooms
Carrots, cucumber, and celery w/ olive tapenade
Iced Tea


I made it! It was a close one and the brownies that were served after dinner was definitely the hardest part. It was a heavier day, but I can feel good about sticking to the program and I am so excited to wake up tomorrow without a headache!! 

2 comments:

  1. You're so cute! Sorry we tempted you with brownies. They were terrible anyway... hence the reason we ate them ALL, so as not to tempt you further :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too cute! They smelled so good... I really just wanted to put my face in the dish and take a big whiff, but then I probably wouldn't get invited back! I made monkey salad for lunch today because I had such a crazy sweet tooth!

      Delete